As a perinatal counsellor with birth and postpartum doula experience, I can listen, inform and help to re-affirm your decisions, so that you can feel confident and empowered on whichever path you choose to follow on your conception, pregancy and birth journey, and beyond. My aim is to support your emotional wellbeing with a focus on holistic health, to manage any current stressors or life challenges which may be impacting on your preparations for birth and parenting.
Perinatal counselling can include:
- Working together to set positive pregnancy and birth intentions and goals, including developingcomprehensive birth references, which prioritise your emotional needs and both psychological and cultural safety.
- Relaxation and mindfulness techniques to enhance mind/body connection, promote wellbeing and manage stress or anxiety.
- Practising visualisation and fear-release methods to unpack any limiting beliefs or emotional responses, particularly related to birth and parenting, and to work through past trauma or other negative experiences.
- Building confidence in defining your physical and emotional needs to your partner/family/birth team and health care providers, and communicating these throughout the perinatal period, including during the fourth trimester and beyond, so that you can feel fully supported as you care for yourself and baby.
- Support with self-advocacy and preparing for/de-briefing from medical appointments and/or hospital visits.
- Support with developing a mental health care and/or safety plan if needed.
- Intensive mental health support 2 weeks before/after estimated due date as required.
- Doula support during labour and birth if prearranged, with a postpartum visit in the first week of returning home.
- Postnatal birth de-briefing and emotional support, including screening for signs of anxiety and/or depression.
- Ongoing check-ins for as long as you need.
"Natalie made my husband and I feel heard and supported throughout the entire pregnancy, birth and post-partum period. Working with Natalie meant my husband could also feel emotionally supported during the wild journey of our birth. I loved being able to reach out for her expert guidance. Every birth is a life changing experience and having support from people you trust is key."
Amirah, Ismail and Hamzah
"From my first meeting with Natalie there was an instant connection and any time I felt anxious or unsure she was there with words of encouragement and support. When my daughter was born the support continued, with every message and every phone call it gave me such power to remember that I could do this."
Rebecca, Darryl, Charlotte and Faith
"All my apprehensions disappeared within moments of meeting with Natalie. She provided me with advice and support to advocate for the birth I wanted. We all thank you for being such a huge part of this season in our lives."
Nicky, Bill, Mahlin, Wren and Eden
"Natalie is such a beautiful soul whose guidance and knowledge of hypnobirthing empowered us greatly as we embarked on our successful VBAC journey during COVID, giving me the confidence to go inward and trust my body and my baby."
Carolyn, Tim, Ava and Noah
"With the current situation of COVID 19 and having no family around for support this was paramount for us. Natalie cleared our apprehensions...our journey has been seamless and we wouldn't have wished for a better outcome.We have made a connection that is here to stay."
Anu, Sid, Shona & Miaah