Birth & Postnatal Doula Support
My role is to listen, inform, reassure and support your decisions and hold the space for you in your birth journey, on whichever path you may choose to follow.
I can provide flexible, family-centred care and perinatal support, in person or virtually within the Melbourne and Mornington Peninsula areas.
A sample birth support plan:
- Antenatal visits: birth preferences planning, wellness sessions with hypnobirthing techniques, massage, acupressure, breathwork and other comfort methods, as well as guidance for birth partners
- Continuous support during labour & birth and during the Golden Hour after birth, with birth photos.
- Use of essential oils/diffuser, massage tools, rebozo and TENS machine
- Postnatal visits: birth de-briefing, support with newborn care, sleep and breastfeeding, fourth trimester planning and postpartum transition - also just to listen and chat over a cup of tea!
- Access to evidence-based information and wellbeing resources
- A back-up doula if required
- 24/7 on-call support 2 weeks before/after estimated due date
- Unlimited communication and ongoing check-ins for as long as you need.
A sample postnatal plan can also include:
- Antenatal visit to meet family and chat about fourth trimester planning
- Birth debriefing, support with self-care, baby bonding and postpartum transition
- Comfort measures for recovery and healing, caring for baby and/or siblings
- Help with settling in at home, meal preparation etc
- Guidance with newborn care including sleeping, feeding, information and service referrals
- Accompanying mum and baby on outings or health care visits
- Ongoing communication and check-ins for as long as you need.
"Natalie made my husband and I feel heard and supported throughout the entire pregnancy, birth and post-partum period. Although I have an amazing husband, working with Natalie meant he could also feel emotionally supported during the wild journey of our birth. I loved being able to reach out to Natalie for her expert guidance. Having her at the birth felt like having family there and I always felt safe and in control. Every birth is a life changing experience and having support from people you trust is key. I will always be grateful for Natalie's presence, strength and support."
Amirah, Ismail and Hamzah